Forgot about this blog totally! Whoops.
So since I last posted, I moved house. Took a while but I managed to move just because the notice on my old flat was up (phew!)
I absolutely love my flat now. Especially the fact that it's all mine so I can paint walls and put things on the wall and not have to even think twice about it! I've repainted my bedroom and over the year have bought bits to make it all look nice in there. Have also painted the bathroom and got a new bathroom floor so it now looks a LOT better in there too. I was lucky in that nothing really NEEDED changing so the rest of it is going to stay the same for a while.
New furniture has gradually come in too. Got a sofa off a friend which doubles up as a bed (pulls out) and she also moved house so sold me her dining chairs, coffee table and tv stand for fairly cheap so things are def more matching now.
My Christmas presents this year include a rug for my bedroom floor...definitely getting old!
SO much has happened at work..people going on maternity leave, people moving year groups etc etc. Last year was awesome at work. I had the most gorgeous class and they were just angels for the entire year. I have 37 again this year which is hard work but luckily they behave and they're fairly bright so I'm pretty lucky. Now taken on all the music in school which is cool but means I'm uber busy! I run 3 music clubs and plan the music curriculum for 3 year groups. My year group are learning recorder this year (74 at once...ouuuuuuuuuuch!) so I'm not actually teaching music to them as someone comes in to do it. Hoping to move year group next year though so I can do some more teaching.
Had some pretty good social stuff at work too...3 trips to London to see shows (haha all my influence) with several members of staff. We had a child who was in the West End production of Oliver last year so we took a trip to see him..(cue the embarassing moment when we go with his mother round to stage door to see him and Kerry Ellis walks out and calls out to me and gives me a big hug..had some explaining to do there...!) then we saw Wizard of Oz in June and then the same child is in Billy Elliott currently so we went to see him in September. All lots of fun and good to spend time with my favourite colleagues out of work! Took a few to see Avenue Q on tour in May too and just booked some tickets for Legally Blonde in Brighton in March! Pretty amused at my influence there!!
Last September Laura and I dressed up in tshirts and fake eyebrows for Rebecca Lock's last phantom matinee. So so funny. All very silly and hilarious. Somehow got invited by her to go to their after show drinks that evening...all very drunken and silly. Brilliant.
Have visited the Albert Hall twice this year. Once to see Kerry Ellis in concert with Brian May which was good. Then last month, to see Idina Menzel with a full orchestra (meeep!) def one of my favourite things ever. Had a complete ball there.
My summer this year was...eventful. Went to the Navy Summer Ball with my cousin and her fiance and yes. Then ended up going to Devon with some of them for a few days...all very fun and er...eventful!! Then spent lots of time with my favouritest people Ruth and Craig which have all been great.
Work is stressful at the moment...music assembly on friday (basically a showcase of all the music clubs etc that I have to organise and rehearse for etc) and of course strike day is Wednesday when I usually have my clubs and stuff...minor panic! Then just a choir concert in 2 weeks (ON A SUNDAY!) hmph and yes. Busy!!
Anyway, extremely dull post but never mind. Update complete. I shall endevour to post more frequently from now on. Mainly for myself!
Sunday, 27 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment